Child Development and Mental Health
Programs addressing all aspects of a child’s development
The overall goal of Southwest Human Development’s child development and mental health programs is to support early relationships and promote healthy development.
Our child development and mental health programs include:
- Birth to Five Helpline, providing free, developmentally appropriate information and resources for parents of young children and their caregivers.
- The Fussy Baby program is an extension of the Birth to Five Helpline and offers support, and in some cases, home visiting, to families with infants who are hard-to-soothe.
- Good Fit Counseling Center, the only mental health center in Arizona dedicated to young children.
- Newborn Intensive Care Program, providing in-home community health nursing services to assist families of premature newborns.
- Nurse-Family Partnership, a nurse home visiting program for women in low-income areas who are having their first baby.