Setting Children on a Path to Success
Research shows that all children benefit from a high-quality early childhood education experience, and that quality early education is especially important for children growing up in low-income families. Our more than 35 years of experience with early childhood education and literacy programs help children enter school ready to learn.
Our early literacy programs help young children build the skills they need to become successful readers now, while laying the foundation for lifelong literacy.
- Let’s Talk Dads! is a six-week series of group sessions for fathers of young children ages 0-3 years old to learn about the important role that dads play in encouraging and supporting their child’s language development, and also learn new strategies to promote early brain development and help prepare your child for kindergarten!
- Raising A Reader is an eight-week early literacy program designed to educate parents about the importance of early literacy skills and how they can build these skills in their young children to help them enter school ready to learn.
- Reach Out and Read promotes early literacy by bringing new books and information about the importance of reading aloud into the pediatric exam room. Reach Out and Read targets children who are growing up in poverty and often at risk for reading and school failure.
Literacy Resources for Parents
More than one-third of children enter kindergarten without the basic language skills they will need to learn to read. Here are some great resources to help you, as a parent, build early literacy skills in your young children:
- Bookmarks with Early Literacy Tips
- Family Reading Tips (English) / (Spanish)
- Favorite Read-Aloud Books
- Feed The Need To Read Placemat (English) / (Spanish)
- Fun Reading Tips
- Great Board Books for Infant, Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Milestones of Early Literacy Development (English) / (Spanish)
- Recommended Book Titles – Fall
- Recommended Book Titles – Winter
- What Children Like in Books