Side By Side Program
Support for families with developmental concerns
The Side By Side Program provides support for families raising children ages birth to 5 years who may be concerned about their child’s development or may have questions about parenting their child. Services include home visits and information about community resources.
How Does the Program Work?
- Our Parent Coaches and Specialized Technical Assistance Team (STAT), work along side families to find ways to support their child’s optimal development in the areas of communication, problem-solving, motor, daily living, behavior and social-emotional skills. Individual visits in the home or other preferred location.
- Guidance to parents/caregivers on enhancing their child’s development through play and everyday activities.
- Strong commitment to addressing the family’s concerns, goals and individual resource needs.
- Ongoing developmental and sensory screenings.
- Information on community resources and how to access them.
Who is Eligible?
Families of infants, toddlers and preschoolers who have concerns about their child’s development, but are not eligible for special needs services provided through AzEIP, Department of Developmental Disabilities or their local school district. Families must reside in the First Things First Phoenix South region. Please contact us for more information about specific ZIP codes served through this program.
Is There a Cost?
The Side By Side Program is provided at no cost to eligible families thanks to a grant funded through First Things First.
English Referral Form
Spanish Referral Form