Supporting Children with Disabilities
Research suggests that including children with special needs in regular education and care settings gives them the greatest opportunity to reach their fullest potential.
The Inclusion Program is designed to help preschool and child care providers support children ages birth to 5 with developmental delays or disabilities in the classroom. With training, preschools and child care providers find they are better equipped to serve all children, not simply those who are typically developing or just those with special needs.
An inclusion coach with early childhood and special needs expertise will visit preschool and child care providers in the classroom weekly to help with issues such as:
- Strategies to help children learn, especially those with special needs
- Strengthening relationships with families
- Enhancing the learning environment and developing a classroom atmosphere that is accepting of individual differences
- Curriculum guidance and support
- Accessing community resources for children with special needs and their families
- Identifying and referring children with suspected delays to Arizona’s Early Intervention Program (AzEIP) or their local school district
- Collaborating with therapy providers and other community partners
Quarterly trainings on topics related to children with special needs, including:
- Supporting communication skills
- Understanding how to help children regulate and manage their emotions and behaviors
- Making adaptations to help children be successful and independent
- Screening red flags for developmental concerns
Free child care is available for training participants.
Who can apply?
Preschool and child care providers must be located in specific ZIP codes. ADHS licensing and enrollment in Quality First are required to participate in coaching and training.
Is there a cost?
Inclusion is provided at no cost to eligible preschool and child care providers.
Click Here to Begin the Application Process
For more information about the Inclusion Program, please call (602) 633-8454 or email email@example.com