Support a Child with Your Time and Talents
Volunteer today and improve the life of a young child! Whether you help with fundraising, event planning or sharing your time with children and families, you can make a difference!
Join us for a 30-minute volunteer orientation to learn more about how you can help Arizona’s largest nonprofit dedicated to early childhood development strengthen the foundation children need for a great start in life!
We provide volunteers with a wide variety of opportunities to give back to Arizona’s young children and their families! Whether you’re interested in helping at our special events, working in our book warehouse or helping in our offices, we’ve got the right opportunity for you! We also have many customizable group volunteering opportunities. Be sure to check back often, as volunteer opportunities change throughout the year.
Upcoming Volunteer Special Events:
- Jan. 20: Family Volunteer Day Click here
- Jan. 25: Arizona Coyotes 50/50 Raffle Sales Click here
- Feb. 15: Arizona Coyotes 50/50 Raffle Sales Click here
- Feb. 17: Walk With Me Email us
- March: Camelback Ranch Spring Training Email us
- April 14: Family Volunteer Day Click here
- April 14: Chandler Craft Spirits Festival Email us
- April 28: Festival of Tales Email us
- June-August: Super Summer Learning Days Email us
- August: Back-to-School Social Email us
- October: Spooktacular Boo-Fest Literacy Event Email us
- October: Lost Lake Music Festival Email us
- October: ADAPT Shop Family Picnic Email us
- October: Easterseals Golf Classic Email us
- Nov. 2-4: Grand Prix of Scottsdale Weekend Email us
- December: Festival of Tales Email us
- December: Winter Wonder Literacy Event Email us
You may also drop off or mail your completed Volunteer Application Packet to:
Southwest Human Development
2850 N. 24th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85008
Service Enterprise Initiative
Southwest Human Development is proud to partner with Points of Light and the Arizona Governor’s Office of Youth, Faith and Family as a certified Service Enterprise.
The Service Enterprise Initiative serves to strengthen the capacity of nonprofits to fundamentally leverage volunteers and their skills to address community needs. Through a comprehensive research-based assessment, training, consulting and certification model, selected nonprofits are equipped with the tools and technical assistance necessary to support nonprofit Service Enterprise transformations.
Selected in 2016 as one of only 14 organizations in Arizona’s first cohort, Southwest Human Development received its formal accreditation in Spring 2017. Learn more about the Service Enterprise Initiative here.