SOUTHWEST HUMAN DEVELOPMENT – OFFICIAL 2023 SWHD BIG GAME RAFFLE
1. ABOUT. 2023 SWHD Big Game Raffle (“Raffle”) is sponsored by Southwest Human Development (“SHD”), an Arizona nonprofit that has been in existence continuously in Arizona for over 40 years. All net proceeds benefit SHD, a 501(c)(3) non-profit foundation, located in Phoenix, Arizona.
The Official 2023 SWHD Big Game Raffle Contest Rules may not be waived, modified, or supplemented except by SHD. No modification of these rules shall be enforceable unless made by SHD. All decisions of SHD are final.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Participant must be 21 years old or older at time of entry and present in the State of Arizona at the time of entry purchase. Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and a full release as a condition to receiving the prize, at the discretion of SHD. Raffle entries are personal to the individual whose name is entered at time of purchase and may not be given, assigned, resold or otherwise transferred by the entrant to anyone. All raffle entries that have been given away, assigned, resold or otherwise transferred in violation of these Official 2023 SWHD Big Game Raffle Contest Rules shall be void.
Executive management of Southwest Human Development as well as those directly involved in the administration of the raffle and their immediate family members residing in the same household are not eligible to win a prize in the 2023 SWHD Big Game Raffle Contest.
3. PURCHASING TICKETS. From January 30, 2023 to February 3, 2023 entrants may enter the 2023 SWHD Big Game Raffle. Tickets may be purchased on the internet at www.swhd.org/BigGame at five (5) tickets for $25, twenty-five (25) tickets for $50 or one hundred (100) tickets for $75. All tickets are electronic and will be entered in the drawing. Chances of winning depend upon the number of eligible tickets sold. Each ticket is a separate and equal chance to win prize. Winner is responsible for any taxes or expenses associated with the winnings.
When an online entry ticket is purchased, a ticket will be entered into the electronic system. For each entry ticket purchased, at the time of purchase “a Ticket” will automatically be entered into the drawing. At the drawing, the Winner will be announced based on the number drawn. Identification matching the purchaser of the winning ticket will be required. Purchasers can contact email@example.com to check when their ticket order was processed.
4. THE RAFFLE. There will be only one winner. The drawing will be done by a representative of SHD. All tickets purchased are nonrefundable unless there is a cancellation of the raffle by SHD.
Raffle drawings: Not more than 1,000,000 tickets will be sold.
The Grand Prize: 2 Ticket Super Bowl TM Package
Times of all drawings are at the discretion of SHD on the dates posted. All tickets purchased prior to the drawing will be entered into that drawing.
All tickets must be purchased on or before the drawing date to be eligible for the drawing.
Winner need not be present to win and notification will be made by telephone or by email. The winner must notify SHD of who will attend the Big Game by February 3, 2023 at 3:00 PM MST
5. PRIZE. 2 tickets to the Super Bowl TM, 4 nights hotel accommodations, Ground transportation, Access to the Visa Everywhere Lounge TM, Friday night kickoff party, Saturday night event, Official Tailgate tickets, Super Bowl Experience TMtickets, $500 Visa prepaid card.
6. WINNER. Winner is solely responsible for any tax liability that comes from winning the Grand Prize.
The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries or similar programs are not gifts and, therefore, the price of the entry does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution or donation for income tax purposes.
Winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address, photograph or videotape likeness and statements for publicity purposes by SHD and agrees to sign a publicity release without any further compensation.
7. WAIVER AND LIMITATIONS OF LIBABILITY. Ticket purchasers, by participating (and winner, by accepting a prize) release SHD, Visa, Century21, Arizona Foothills Realty, Inc., and their respective boards, committee members, volunteers, partners, vendors, agents, employees, representatives, sponsors, service agencies and independent contractors, and each of their respective directors, officers, partners, employees and agents, including advertising, public relations, direct marketing and promotion agencies (collectively, “Indemnitees”), from any and all liability with respect to participation in the promotion and possession or use of the prize awarded and also acknowledge that they did not receive any representations, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness, other than applicable manufacturer’s express warranties. Any liability of Indemnitees shall be limited to ticket price paid and in the case of any dispute, SHD’s decision shall be final. SHD reserves the right to modify or amend the Official 2023 SWHD Big Game Raffle Contest Rules without notice at any time.
BY ENTERING THE RAFFLE, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE RAFFLE, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, IN A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION LOCATED IN MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED THE PRICE OF THE RAFFLE ENTRY, BUT
IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANTS BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED THE COST OF THE RAFFLE ENTRY, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND YOU IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
8. OTHER. Any person who engages in conduct designed to corrupt the outcome of a charitable gaming activity with the purpose to defraud, or knowing that he is facilitating a fraud, is guilty of a Class 5 felony.
THIS CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE INTERNATIONAL, FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS, AND IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED, OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED.
Ticket purchase amounts are not tax-deductible contributions.
Void where prohibited by law.