10 most common Birth to Five Helpline caller questions
Walking the road of parenthood is not easy, but you don’t have to do it alone. There is no rule book when it comes to parenting and child care, which is why the Birth to Five Helpline provides answers and support parents and professionals. The toll-free Birth to Five Helpline is a free service open to all Arizona families and professionals who have questions or concerns about young children.
Southwest Human Development’s Birth to Five Helpline specialists have heard it all–from sleeping difficulties to potty training, and everything in between. As an adult interacting with and caring for young children, it’s all too easy to wonder, “is this normal?,” or “what do I do now?”
Below are the 10 most common questions that the Birth to Five Helpline received this past year:
1. How can I help my baby sleep better?
2. My baby is extremely fussy, what do I do?
3. I just had a baby and my 3-year-old is acting out, is this normal?
4. My child won’t listen to what I tell him/her, is there anything more I can do?
5. I’ve been trying to potty train for a long time – the process got better, then worse – what are my options?
6. My child has difficulties in child care, I need to figure out how I can help so he/she doesn’t get kicked out.
7. My 2-year-old knows very few words – how can I help him/her develop language skills?
8. My son/daughter was just diagnosed with autism. Where can I find services and programs?
9. My doctor told me to call you because my child is having troubles with his/her behavior. Can you help?
10. I’m now taking care of my daughter-in-law’s 4-year-old son and I don’t know how or where to start.
Each child, parent, caregiver and situation is different. Have you found yourself asking any of these common questions? Call the Birth to Five Helpline to speak with one of our bilingual (English/Spanish) early childhood specialists for answers to your specific needs.
The Helpline is a valuable asset for parents, caregivers and professionals searching for the latest child development information from experts in the field. Early childhood experts are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. You can also download the Birth to Five Helpline app in the Apple App Store or on Google Play!
Learn more about the Birth to Five Helpline or call 877-705-KIDS (5437) for free child development support.