Volunteer today and improve the life of a young child. Whether you help with fundraising, event planning or sharing your time with children and families, your time makes a difference.
Discover first-hand how volunteering makes a difference in the lives of children and families. Sign up to volunteer now.
Select the program and setting that best fits your schedule, interests and abilities. You must be at least 18 years of age, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. Other eligibility requirements vary by program. Our current opportunities include:
- Raising A Reader > Help educate parents about the importance of early literacy skills, and teach them how they can build these skills in their young children to help them enter school ready to learn. Classes take place once a week for eight weeks and are located at low-income apartment communities in Phoenix. As a volunteer, you can read to children and assist with early literacy activities.
- Head Start > Make a difference in the lives of children while having fun by volunteering in a Head Start classroom. As a volunteer, you can interact and guide children during learning, playtime and meal time activities; share special skills and talents by working with individual children; and assist staff with classroom operations.
- ADAPT Shop > Help the ADAPT Shop staff create low-tech solutions that make a tremendous difference in the lives of children with disabilities. Volunteers help with sewing, light electrical rewiring of toys and light woodworking such as sanding and painting.
- Walk With Me > Participate in our annual 1.25-mile family-friendly walk at Steele Indian School Park and raise funds to help children with disabilities. You can form your own walk team, or volunteer to be on our planning committee, raise money and assist on the day of the event.
For more information, please contact us at
(602) 808-GIVE (4483) or firstname.lastname@example.org