Southwest Human Development offers nationally recognized education and training programs to professionals and organizations working with young children across Arizona, the U.S. and internationally.
The agency is committed to training that is interactive and applicable to everyday work with children and families. Key elements include group participation, discussion of real-life problems and implementation of ideas learned during the training experience.
- Our Training Catalog and Training Calendar feature 120 workshops covering 80 different topics. Registration is open for these Early Care and Education Training programs.
- Aim4Excellence™ National Director Credential Program provides a facilitated model of the online national director credential along with mentor support to early care and education directors.
- Quality First is a coaching, assessment and ratings system designed to improve early care and education in Arizona so young children can begin school safe, healthy and ready to succeed.
- Smart Support partners early childhood mental health consultants with child care providers to promote the social and emotional development of all children in care, and help providers respond to children with behavioral challenges.
- The Early Care and Education Inclusion program is designed to help child care providers support children ages birth to five with developmental delays or disabilities.
- The Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential™ is the most widely recognized credential in early childhood education and is a key stepping stone on the path of career advancement in early childhood education.
- The Tuition Support Program is designed for mental health professionals working with children ages birth to five who want to stay current with the rapidly expanding research in the field.
Programs like Emergent Leaders lay the foundation for early education practitioners to positively impact children ages birth to five, better preparing them for long-term academic success across the continuum.
-Paul Luna, President
Helios Education Foundation