Direct Support Services
Support for Children in the Behavioral Health System
Southwest Human Development provides a full range of Direct Support Services to children and their families in order to create a more positive future for children enrolled in the Arizona Behavioral Health System.
Staff provide children and their families with case management, assistance accessing community resources, parenting skills training, and child development education to promote positive parent-child relationships and increase the child’s ability to socialize successfully. Services are provided in the family’s home, at school or at another community location.
Staff work directly with the child on behavioral modification, coping skills, anger management and self esteem, while also working with parents and caregivers to assist them with existing parenting skills and the incorporation of new techniques. The Direct Support Services team facilitates a care coordination model by communicating with all providers involved to ensure continuity of care.
Areas of Expertise include families involved with:
- Infants, toddlers, preschoolers, adolescents, teens and teens transitioning to adulthood
- Children experiencing developmental disabilities or challenging behavior
- Multiple systems: including the Department of Child Safety (DCS), the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), school districts, the Juvenile Justice Service Division, and domestic violence
- Foster care and adoption
- Family Support
- Behavior Modification
- Parenting Skills and Education
- Employment Preparation Assistance
- Functional Behavioral Assessments
- Respite Care
- Life Skills Training
- Coping Skills Coaching
- Social Skills Development
- Assessment/Treatment Planning
- Connection with Community Resources
Referrals should be submitted to the Direct Support Services Intake Department by fax to (602) 633-8369 or email to email@example.com
For more information about Direct Support Services, please contact Gwynetth Kelly, DBH, LCSW, at (602) 218-8663 or firstname.lastname@example.org