2850 N. 24th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85008
Southwest’s Early Head Start program provides free, in-home services to help pregnant women and families with children under age three navigate the critical early years of their child’s life.
- Weekly home visits to support parents in raising their children
- Prenatal information for pregnant women
- Play groups for infants and toddlers
- Family income must be at or below the federal poverty guidelines
- Children must be age three or under or the mother must be pregnant
- Children must live in the Balsz, Creighton, Madison Park, Osborn, or Paradise Valley school districts
For more information or to enroll, call Southwest Head Start at (602) 468-3431.
Children who participated in Early Head Start had significantly higher vocabularies and scored higher on standardized measures of cognitive development than did children in a control group who did not participate in Early Head Start. Additionally, Early Head Start children and parents had more positive interactions, and these parents provided more support for learning than did those in a control group.