2850 N. 24th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85008
Southwest Human Development’s Assistive Technology Program is proud to offer the ADAPT Shop.
The ADAPT Shop is a dedicated workshop where children ages birth to five with physical disabilities can get individually-designed equipment and supports. This facility and its services are unique in Arizona. Products fabricated at the ADAPT Shop, such as custom-made seating or mobile scooters, can help children with disabilities develop the competence, confidence, and self-esteem they need to become independent, active participants in their world.
The ADAPT Shop offers:
- Children with disabilities ages birth to five and their families individualized adaptive supports that can be identified, designed and /or fabricated just for them and for their specific needs.
- Support to families in determining what equipment would be most helpful for their child whether custom made or commercially available.
- The opportunity for community therapists to team with the ADAPT Shop on adaptation ideas and fabrications for their clients.
- Access to a physical therapist with assistive technology knowledge and experience.
- Service in a variety of settings (i.e.: home, daycare, preschool, community therapy clinics, medical clinics, and at the ADAPT Shop) for families living within Maricopa county. For families living outside Maricopa county services are offered at the ADAPT Shop location in Phoenix.
Referrals and Rates
Southwest Human Development is a DES/DDD contracted vendor for therapy services. Please contact your child’s DES/DDD/Service Coordinator to discuss the need for ADAPT Shop consultative services.
Support the ADAPT Shop
We welcome donations from the community to help fund materials and shop costs. To learn ways you can support the ADAPT Shop, click here or donate now.
For more information, please contact Tina Martin at (602) 633-8686 or email@example.com.